Probably one of the most annoying things in my life is forgetting simple sequences.
The following is one of my favorites and I decided to spare my (and hopefully somebody else’s) couple of minutes online research.
Despite the fact that Plantronics Pro is not only supported from but also marketed by Apple:
There are still numerous user feedbacks, complaining occasional loss of connection, degraded voice quality, volume drops and the like:
Disconnect the device:
- Go to Settings / General / Bluetooth
- You need your BT device turned on and the status showing “connected”
- Press the arrow on the right side of the listed device and then press Forget the device; confirm
- Turn off the BT headset, turn off Bluetooth on iPhone and return to main menu
Cold restart / hard reset the iPhone
- Press and hold the Home and Power Button until your iPhone reboots (ignore the “Slide to turn off”), wait until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
- Wait until finished; enter PIN, Code, etc.
- On the iPhone go to Settings / General / Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on
- Wait one minute (works always for me, some recommend 2 minutes)
- Turn on Headset in pairing mode*
- Wait until connected
* If you are not sure how to activate pairing mode on the device consult the manual. For Voyager Pro / Pro+ & Backbeat 903 / 903+ the reference is:
- Start with your headset powered off
- Press and hold the power button for 5 or 6 seconds until the light starts flashing an alternating red-blue
- Release the button and set the headset aside
- Follow the pairing instructions for your cell phone or other Bluetooth device
- If prompted for a passkey, enter 0000 (four zeros). Note: Do not be alarmed if your phone does not prompt you for a passkey, because many phones do not (my comment: iPhone does not J)